What do I do?

My Stepmom bought margarine last night. How do I tell her I refuse to eat anything she cooks with it without hurting her feelings?

One of the perks of staying at home for the summer is that I don't have to cook for myself. Looks like I may have to start again, though.

She got some nasty Bluebonnet brand margarine too. That stuff doesn't even taste a little like butter. I'm thinking of taking a few bucks and buying some real butter and recreating the old experiment where a stick of margarine and a stick of butter are left outside. Supposedly insets and whatnot will eat the butter in a few days, and the margarine will not be touched. I'm sure both will soon melt in this Texas summer heat.

Maybe then she'll understand?

Bookmark and Share


  1. Tell her about the health risks of trans fats in a way that makes it obvious that you're looking out for both her health and yours.

    Also tell her about coconut oil. :)

  2. Well it turns out its just for her bagels. (YUCK). As far as coconut oil goes, I bought some awhile back and she doesn't use it. I'm pretty sure she's familiar with it since she's from Manila.