Sunday

Cool Reuteri Straws



Bookmark and Share



So I was surfing the old net, and came across this page. Turns out Nestle is including probiotic straws in one of they're horrible "childrens" beverages... last year. I'm sure it full of HFCS and other nasty crap,but it comes with probiotic straws!

These straws administer 100 million CFU's (colony forming units) of Lactobacillus Reuteri when used. I wish someone would have told me about these along time ago!.The best part is, you can just buy the straws and not have to drink Nestle's foul concoction.

They're called BioGaia straws. I plan on getting some soon. Its a simple no brainer way to get a dose of probiotic bacteria. Seems like it would be great for kids and those that don't like pills.

L. reuteri is a great little bug too. It is one of very few probiotics to colonize the entire digestive tract, from your mouth to your anus. Most probiotics only live in the large intestine. Reuteri is also great at fighting off other bacteria like E. coli and Salmonella, keeping them from overgrowing and getting out of control. If you were taking this it would probably help you fight off tainted beef from the recent beef recall.

By the way, I'm not getting any money from BioGaia. I just think this is a truly cool product. I plan on getting some ASAP.

You can buy the probiotic straws by following the link, but they are a bit pricey at a buck a pop.


Update: Found a site that says BioGaia's L. reuteri was extracted from the breast milk of a Peruvian woman. How random!